Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool top loading washer LSR8233EQO. Yesterday

I have a whirlpool...
I have a whirlpool top loading washer LSR8233EQO. Yesterday I put in a load add water and stopped it to soak. An hour later, after adding a few pieces and noticed that the water had drained out. I closed the lid and attempted to start the water again. I made a noise as if it was trying to either pump out the water or agitate the load, but it didn't start. I unplugged the appliance in hopes of it starting again but it just continued making the same noise and never started. Can you help me????
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/29/2013
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you tell if the motor is running? If you manually put the timer on a spin cycle, what does it do?

It makes the same sound.but doesn't spin.

Okay, but the water drains out, correct?

The water drained out yesterday while it was soaking -- I thought

Okay, so if the motor is running but there is no action, I suspect the coupling is faulty. The video below will show you how to access the coupling for inspection and replacement. Let me know what you find, please.

CLICK HERE
Kelly, Appliance Technician

It stopped making the noise and I replutted the machine. the lights came on as if it were going to work and water started coming into the machine. Should I let it fill and run a cycle? Maybe nothing is wrong? If it doesn't work, I'm not a machanic and I am 75 years old so I'm not willing to take apart the machine as shown on the video. Do you have the name of a mechanic in the NW area of Houston?

A reputable repair center is below.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician