Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a frigidaire refrigerator Model No. GSF26C5EXY00. I

I have a frigidaire refrigerator Model No. GSF26C5EXY00. I need to know how to remove air filter. Currently when I lift the door, there is a space 1.5 inches deep and 2.75 inches long. There appear to be some styrofoam blocks at the rear on both sides of what seems to be a small plate with one screw. I unscrewed this but could not access the area further. What must I do?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

I keep coming up with a Whirlpool with that model number. Please could you recheck it?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are right. don't know wahat I was thinking

Give me a few minutes Glenn, I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks,
Barry
Glenn is yours a freshflow style airfilter? Its not shown.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does say freshflow on filter door

Okay great click the link below then click For Glenn, and scroll to page 12. I believe that is all you will need, squeeze the sides to get it out. In any case if that does not help you or if you have any questions at all please ask me. If not then please leave a rating for me.

CLICK HERE

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

problem is, I don't think there is an air filter. There is nothing to squeeze in the sides. As I said, there is that empty space and, more problematic, there appears to be syroform blocks behind where I am guessing the filter would go.

There is a problem that caused you to ask, what has happened with the fridge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My wife just noticed the filter door. we have had continual mold problems, but they were not sever. Any way for me to email you pix of current setup behind filter door?

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The filter may not have ever been installed in the unit. Does it look like the one below would fit in the opening?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It might. Length of space is 2.75 inches and height is 1.5 inches. Could I send an email pix?

And I still worry about the styrofoam, which seems to be blocking vent, although I won't be able to remove it except by cuting it out

The filter is the correct one and will fit that opening. The grid it is placed on in that picture is 1" squares. Do not cut the styrofoam, it is designed to be ion there, shown as number 4 in the diagram. That filter is available below, you may want to order a couple to save shipping when it is time to replace!

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Air Filter <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!