Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 Maytag Neptune Washer modal MAH-1. The appears

I have a 2004 Maytag...
I have a 2004 Maytag Neptune Washer modal MAH-1. The appears to be functioning normally, but is sending a periodic beeping sound and the timer display cycles down to double zero,_0. and has displayed the code d-1 or it may be d-l. This code is not in the user manual. Then it seems to reset itself to the correct remaining cycle time, but after a minute or two then a single loud beep and the lights flash on the signal led and the "hand Wash" cycle then it will stop on another fabric cycle. The time remaining indicator then starts from 55 to a code c-1
10/27/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So these particular error codes you're getting are not listed in your user manual because they are actually internal display board errors. Unfortunately your software inside the display board is becoming corrupted and there really isn't anything you can do but to order and replace the display board itself. The display board part number you'd need is 22004299 and it costs about $220. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for display board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

May I continue to use the washer? It seems to be functioning normally on the fabric cycle I usually use to do my laundry. I

You can yes. But most of the time the issue will just get worse. It won't damage anything else, but the board may fail to the point that it won't run a cycle anymore in the future.

I understand. If or when it gets to that point, will the washer just not start a cycle, or could it shut off in mid-cycle? For example, while filling with water, thus creating a flooding situation; or shut down during a rinse cycle, leaving the tub full of water, etc.

It could do either. It could either stop mid cycle or maybe it just won't start up at all anymore, it's impossible to really know how it would progress.

So, if the unit totally fails while the tub is filling with water will the water intake valves remain open causing a flooding hazzard?

No, but it should cut off with the door locked and then the door would need to be manually unlocked to fix that.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc