Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I just installed a BOSCH WAS20160UC washer in my condo. The

I just installed a BOSCH WAS20160UC washer in my condo. The washer "walks" out of the closet when it spins. I have leveled this twice professionally. It is level. It is installed over 18" ceramic tile over 1/4" cork. Is this the wrong floor material? Should the washer be tied to the wall? HELP!!!!!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The problem with ceramic tile is that it's very slick even if the tile is textured so it's easy for the washer to walk while vibrating so much during the spin cycle. The best thing I've found is to go to the hardware store and get very coarse sand paper that has a sticky backing to it. Cut (4) 2 inch circles out of the sand paper and place the sand paper on the tile just below each foot on the washer. If you stick the sandpaper to the tile (make sure to clean the tile well first) then set the washer on top of the sandpaper pads, the washer shouldn't walk anymore.

Now this is assembly that you removed the shipping bolts on the back of the washer so that the washer isn't shaking too much.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!