Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

whirlpool built in oven rbs245pds17 control panel not lite

whirlpool built in oven rbs245pds17 control panel not lite and no lites inside . is oven thermal fuse blown and does that control the control panel ? some models have thermal fuse on control panel, this model does not.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the thermal fuse only cuts out the electricity to the heating elements on this unit. If you're not getting any interior lights and the control panel is blank, you either aren't getting 240 volts to the oven, or the display control board is just shorted because like you said--there is no thermal fuse mounted to the back of the control panel like other models. Double check the power coming into the oven and make sure you're getting 240 volts. if so, then the display board would need to be replaced The part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it costs about $260 or so.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

should i check the thermal fuse first ? need to pull oven out. or check for power to control panel?

The thermal fuse only cuts out power to the heating elements, so unless you were running self clean when this happened, the thermal fuse should be fine. But the oven would need to be pulled out to check the thermal fuse since it's mounted to the back.

As far as checking power to the control panel, there is no need. Power comes directly from the terminal block where the power cord connects to the oven. So you just need to test the terminal block to make sure you're getting 240 volts to the oven and if so, then your display board is shorted.