Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My sheets I just bought are 100% pima cotton and says to wash

My sheets I just bought are 100% pima cotton and says to wash on permanent press. I have a kenmore calypso washer that doesn't have a permanent press cycle. What is the closet thing to it. The same with dryer.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So your Calypso washer doesn't have a "permanent press" cycle, but it does have a Delicate/Casual cycle. That is the cycle you will want to use when washing anything needing permanent press.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That's what I thought too, but everything I have read says that when using permanent press cycle, it cuts down on wrinkles and retains the fabric better.

Aye, the reasoning behind that is because the wash plate doesn't run as fast and wear the fabric out, and there are less wrinkles because it doesn't spin as fast in permanent press / delicates cycle.