Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Model # XXXXX I get "F4 E0", with the oven just sitting

Model # XXXXX I get "F4...
Model # XXXXX
I get "F4 E0", with the oven just sitting there with power to it. I have the list of 4 digit codes, and there is no combination like that listed. F4 says it is the meat probe, which has caused me a bunch of problems, but there is no F4 E0 combination.
I am getting ready to remove the oven and disconnect the meat probe harness, since I never use it anyway, but if the oven temp sensor or other component is bad, I want to pull the oven just once to get it working.
Am I safe to assume that the F4 E0 is the meat probe?
By the way, the codes are different colors, amber for the F4, green for the E0, and the digits are not together- they are about 1-1/2" apart and not lined up either.
10/18/2013
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! There is only the F4 E0 code for the probe, the last part of that code is irrelevant. So, to be sure I understand, the meat probe is not inserted into the jack, correct?

correct. I do not even own the probe

Okay, so when the probe is inserted, there are two contact points in that jack that read the resistance of the probe and send the resistance reading to the control. I believe the wires on that jack have become shorted together and are sending that reading of 0 resistance, or full continuity, to the control. This is a very common problem and easily corrected by replacing the probe jack, pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Probe Jack <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

I do not want the probe at all so my plan is to pull the oven and disconnect the probe connector. I am assuming that doing that will eliminate any future probe problems, correct

Sure, it will read no resistance and no continuity, so it should work just fine!
Kelly, Appliance Technician

I have the back of the oven. Can you confirm that the meat probe connector is red? The label on the wire says JT-KHT-WP1, 9755543

It is, it looks like the picture below and the wires will be running to the area of the jack.

Kelly, Appliance Technician