Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a wirlpool duet dryer model wed8300sw0. When I try to

start the dryer the machine...
I have a wirlpool duet dryer model wed8300sw0. When I try to start the dryer the machine goes to the sensing mode and then the start button beeps. The repair tech told me the door switch was fine that I needed to replace the main control board and it would cost me $500.00. I ordered the board myself and replaced it. Still the same thing. I ran the diagnostic test and the 88 appeared on the screen and then a F26. After playing with it a while it also threw up a F02 once and a F01 as well. I don't know if I caused that because I was playing around with the buttons during the test or not. The door switch does click when I push it in. Is there anyway you can help me?
10/18/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Tyler Z. :

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Tyler Z. :

If you press start, how many times does the dryer beep back at you?

Tyler Z. :

Also, if you watch the display after you press start, what happens? Does the display start to flash? Watch it for 2 or 3 minutes and does it count down?

Tyler Z. :

I'm not sure you can see what I'm sending you so I'm going to switch this to question and answer format and repeat these questions.

once I press start it beeps three times. The timer does not count down.

Ok so I have no idea why the previous technician said your door switch was not a problem because it is. 3 beeps is an error code to let you know that the dryer doesn't think your door is shut. Your door switch itself needs to be replaced to fix this problem.

Well heres the thing. Everything I have read online says that if I hear a "click" when I press the door switch that it is good. The technician said he tested the switch. I did have a problem once before, the same problem, and I wiggled the switch around a bit and it began working. But this time no go.

Also, just wondering why I am getting the other error codes?

Unfortunately not everything you read on-line is accurate including what you you just said. Please understand you are talking to a real life technician here that does this day in and day out---not just anyone that posts on the internet. That being said--you need a door switch. The technician you had over obviously didn't know what he was doing if he said to replace the control board and it didn't fix the issue so lets just leave it at that.

As for the other error codes, those are not part of the immediate problem. Errors come and go all the time like your computer freezing up or stalling and needing to be reset. The problem is there is no time stamp on those error codes so they could have been 5 years ago for all we know.

Was not trying to doubt your answer at all so please forgive. I am a single mother that always tries to take care of as many things myself that I possibly can so I just get confused when I get so many different answers. (which is what I seem to get when I goole things sometimes) Thank you so very much!! I will get a switch today and hopefully I will be drying clothes soon:)

Oh not a problem. I just want you to understand that you can trust what we say on this site. We are the top 5% in our respective fields. 95% of experts are turned away when applying for Justanswer.com. I'm just very sorry you went out and bought a control board to fix such a simple problem.

Well according to my paperwork I can send the board back for credit.

Thanks again.

Ah, most places don't allow for returns on control boards, although I usually recommend Repairclinic.com because I know they allow returns. Either way, I'm glad you have that option.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler I just replaced the door switch and still beeps. Have f1 Error code. Something on control board clicks when I press start button. Sensing light comes and then nothing.
So F1 is a straight forward error as well and it means that the main power relay control board above the drum mounted to the left side wall is shorted so that control board would need to be replaced. Not sure how that would have happened but there is no avoiding replacing that control board when the F1 flashes and unplugging the unit won't reset the error permanently.
I have a new control board. Put it on and still clicks.
But no F1 now?
Are you still with me? I never got a response but are you no longer getting and F1 error? Also, if you watch the display for 3 minutes (assuming you're not getting an F1 error anymore), does the timer still count down?

I replaced control board same thing. It just clicks
Ok but, I never got a response but are you no longer getting and F1 error? Also, if you watch the display for 3 minutes (assuming you're not getting an F1 error anymore), does the timer still count down?

I am still getting f1 error

Then you still have a bad control board. I'm not sure if the switch shorted out the boards or what---but absolutely nothing else would cause an F1 error.
Tyler i replaced the control panel again. Still get clicking noise. Nowni have a f26 code instead of f1 code.
OK I wonder how many problems your dryer can have... F26 is a drive motor failure. You're going to need to check the wires between the motor and control board and make sure they didn't get mis-wired or didn't get loose or anything like that. If everything checks good, then your main drive motor would need to be replaced.

Could thermal fuse be bad??
Nope, that doesn't cause an error at all. That will just cause the dryer to count down like normal without the motor running or the dryer heating.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc