Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

just bought a used Samsung rs2533 sw. It was working before

transport. now when plugged...
just bought a used Samsung rs2533 sw. It was working before transport. now when plugged in only one small light flashing on the display...interior light working but nothing else. control panel buttons not responding. please help thanks, greg
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2013
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

Which light is flashing and please be as specific as you can. If it is just a segment of one of the (8) in the display let me know the exact segment. Thanks

yes, just the top segment of the right hand fridge temp 8

Ok check which top of the number is XXXXX it on the left side number it means:

8: Exit-Sensor – Air sensor connector missing; contact failure, electric wire cut, short-circuit, open air sensor itself failure, and so on. Indicates an Error when the temperature sensed by the open air sensor is higher than 150℉or lower than –58℉.

If it is on the right side number it means:

1: Ice maker sensor -Ice Maker sensor connector missing, contact failure, electric wire cut, short-circuit, Ice Maker sensor failure, and so on. Indicates an error when the temperature sensed by Ice Maker sensor is higher than 150℉ or lower than –58℉.

right side. can you describe the sensor? the freezer light was damaged in transport and when when I removed the cover there is a loose part that was in the cover with the broken bulb. white plastic cylinder attached to smaller diameter metal piece.

Yes that is the icemaker sensor. That is the issue. You would have to reattach it as likely the wires got pulled out or broke that is whey the computer is reading it as being too hot or too cold. This video may help you. Just copy and paste the link below into your address bar. Also you may have to get a new sensor if it was really damaged bad. All I ask is that you rate my assistance and tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olMUPGzoxQo
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician