Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE Infusor (Model GTWN4950LOWS) Washing Machine.

I have a GE Infusor (Model GTWN4950LOWS) Washing Machine. It was moved across town without the shipping bar. Now the tub is off center and vibrates "violently" during high speed cycles. Is it reparable, or conceivably damaged too much during transport.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the tub isn't sitting straight anymore, then most likely one of the 4 support rods has become disengaged. You will want to remove the front panel and then the top panel of the washer to reconnect the support rod (there is 1 in each corner so you can look at the other 3 rods to see how the 4th one should be attached if it has become disconnected). To remove the front panel, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel.  These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel.  If both clips are pushed back, the front panel will unclip and hinge forward and down so that you can access the 2 screws holding the top panel down in the front right and left corner. Remove these screws and the top panel will hinge up and backwards or completely off so that you can look at the 4 support rods and correctly connect them.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

slid a putty knife in - can feel some movement but unsure how to disengage the front panel

It's difficult, but if you watch the video in the link below at about time stamp 1:11, it shows you how to take the cabinet apart as I was advising before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_p8j-RSWU

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just got back to this project. I have the washing machine disassembled. All support rods are intact but the tub leans to the left. Is there a way to rebalance it or do I need new rods? (do these follow up questions on this topic fall under the initial $30 charge or will there be additional charges)

Thank you

You would need new rods if you're sure they are all installed properly. There is no additional charge for this follow-up question.