Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I stop my front load washer after I start it, so I could put

I stop my front load washer after I start it, so I could put in some more laundry in it. Now the light on control locked is on and I cannot start the washer WHY? and help!!! Thank You!
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

Press and hold the End of Cycle signal button in for 3-5 secs and the lock should go off. All I ask is that you rate my assistance thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have this did not work!

Is the control lock light on and what exactly does it do when you try to start it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It will not start; the door is open so I closed it. I set the washer where I need it then press start; and the light on control locked is on, the washer will not start? if you can call please do(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

I wish I could call you but it is against site policy and I could lose my job. WIth the door closed press and hold the END OF SIGNAL button on the far right. Hold it in for 3-5 secs or more and see iof the control lock goes off.

If it does not you have a bad interface board on the unit, which was also common. Also it was common for the button to break or stick on the end of cycle so make sure it is clicking. If it is you need a new interface board for the unit.