Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I hve a whirlpool front loader wm and it keeps going onto f8

We hve done everyhing to...
I hve a whirlpool front loader wm and it keeps going onto f8 We hve done everyhing to cleaning the hose,pump,trying other programs.The bowl is okay,find that when I go to turn it to a wash program it shows the time that it going to do,but soon as the water turns on it goes to f8.This seems to be a norm for all other errors in this machine this f8.My feeling it feels like it could be the censer,as there is no kink in the hose
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/12/2013
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

What is the model# XXXXX this whirlpool washing machine please?

12NC W10379365 front loader and I will give u a rating as I am in a town where the next techician is 300 kms away

Ok, that model# XXXXX not come up. I assume that was off the data plate which gave the model/serial#......For f8 code you will need to remove 3 screws on backside of top cover. Pull cover toward front then lift off. You will see the pressure switch which has a skinny hose attached to it toward the rear of the washer. Take the tube off and blow thru it to make sure it is clear. If so, tap the pressure switch several times. Try the washer again. If the error comes back up, unplug the washer look toward the front you will see the control board. Unplug and replug each harness one at a time. Do not unplug more than one harness at a time, you do not want to get them mixed up. This is just make sure that one of the connections has not corroded. Then try the washer again. Please let me know if this clears the error. Thanks

This is what is on the warranty papers

Product name WFS1073DD

Serial Number CNK12366

12NC W10379365

My husband will be home in about 3hrs and I wont touch it would that be okay with you?

Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX like you have done what is needed to clear the error for this model. I am not sure on this one. I will opt out, to see if another expert can assist you....Thanks

I don't think my husband has done that yet,as he won't be home for another 3 hrs as he is at work.Is that okay if I get back to you about this as this maybe the solution.....Thanks

I would rather you wait on another expert. I am not sure on this model. I think this has to do with the pump area, as you have as well. I do not want to steer you the wrong direction....thanks again

Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Hello
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Whirlpool service tech and I can help you today.

The f8 error is for a water fault in the machine. So if the error is constantly coming up on the display when it is trying to fill but no water is filling into the machine, then please check that he water is turned on to the machine?

If so, then still no water to the machine, turn the water off to the machine and remove the fill hoses from the back of the machine and check the filter screens in the back of the water filter. If thew filter screens on the water valve are blocked then it would prevent water from entering the machine. And would give the error code.

But if there is no blockage and the water is definitely on to the washer then you have a bad water valve and would need to be replaced.

My husband is at work at the moment,he as checked all you hve said bar the water valve...He say's could the drum is moving freely by hand,but forgot to mention that when I go to put it onto a wash program the bowl is not turning,which I think this one turns both clock and anti clockwise before the water goes in,but again the f8 does not come up until the click for the water to go in,so what do u think about that,could it be the bowl or you think it is the water valve?but rember the bowl is moving normal by hand

Hey Jon Are you still online?just waiting for your answer than I will give you rating

its not the tub. the f8 error is only for the lack of water in the machine.

If he has checked the water valve like i explain above and found nothing. And you are sure the water supply is turned on to the machine, then you need to change the water valve.

If you could please open the door to the washer and tell me what the full model number is XXXXX can try to locate the correct part number for the water valve? And then tell and show you where to order it from..

Give me a min go check.This is what I found on the door

WFS1073DD

CNK114612366

12NC W10379365 .....hope that helps

Hello again,

Thank you for the model number. But unfortunately I hadn't noticed until just now that you are in Australia. I don't have access to parts info on machines that are manufactured over seas. I am in New York. I apologize.

You could check www.espares.com or www.onlineapplianceparts.com/au or go to the whirlpool website and click on the australian country link to find parts distributor that is closest to you.

If you have any trouble finding the parts warehouses by you or if you have any other questions in general about this machine please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you more.

If you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating. And again, if you have any other questions, even at a later time, please come back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thank you.
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

I hve done what u said to do and when going into espare parts it keeps coming up about the door a part when you hve said the wash valve should come up,confused now,what do I do

Maudie

Hi There, Just wondering if you are reading my answers at all ,but anyway.Your sevice was very quick,unfortunely we hve looked all over the net for this part and are unable to get the part for this washing machine and it is under a year old.So we are left with a washing that we cant fix.

Maudie,

I am here for you. Sorry for the delay.

Like I explain above, I don't have access to Australian models and their parts here in New York. But you could easily call Whirlpool and tell them your model and they will help you to determine the part number for the water valve.

In fact, I would call them immediately if your machine is under one year old. If it is, then that means your machine is still under warranty and Whirlpool will come out to you for free and fix the machine for free as well.

Thank you so much for your answers,but we hve tried what you hve just mentioned.Weve given all the details as what we hve given to you,and 6 times I rang them and I am still waiting for the manual.That was 2 mths ago,they don't seem to care and I hve had a look at the reveiws for whirlpool and they don't hve good thing to say about there front loader wshing machine.We hve had good look online and they don't seem to hve this model at all,pretty wierd is'nt it.I hve already rated you it was done on your oct 13th answer and reply.I hope you are recieving my emails,plse let me know if your not reicieving my emails

I am receiving your messages.

I am shocked to hear that Whirlpool is not returning your phone calls. You are calling the Whirlpool direct customer service number, Right? And not the number of the company where you bought the machine?

Whirlpool will generally stand behind there products and send you the info and technician you need to repair or replace the machine. Now I can understand if you are in a remote location. they are not required to send someone to you if you are. But they are required at that point to offer help overt the phone.

So please tell me what number you are calling and I will reference it and see if it is the right number you should be calling.

Thanks.

I rang the plce I bought the machine off and they gave me whirlpool in Australia number,actually I did'nt keep the number as I gave up on them and went online lookin for answers.Everytime I spoke to them they would say we are emailing it now,and i would wait on the phone and I say you hvent sent it yet.Than they would say oh sorry this has to go to support and emails are cued up to be sent off all the time to custommers,so they don't even care.I ve been unable to get the manual off them

Ok. but you need to tell them they need to send a technician out to you to fix the issue. Not just that you need the manual.

Since the machine is still under a year old and under warranty, they should send someone to you for free.

They have to.

I would try call Whirlpool directly again and dont accept anything else but a tech coming to your house to fix the issues.

Our prob is we live 1600kms away from The big city and Our next town to is about 3hrs and they to refuse to come out and hve a look,but it cost a packet for them to hve a look at it, and if they don't find anything wrong with it I be paying big bucks.We done what you told me do went on line to get the part that you mentioned but that does not come at all on any of the Australian dealers.Thank you so much for your helpI will give your idea another shot and how we go with that.I will pass the word around about your service,it was very much appreciated

Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician