Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Type your question here.Hello. Thank you for writing this

Type your question here.Hello. Thank you for writing this manual. It is very helpful. My dryer has a loud grinding, metal/metal sound. I have 4 nylon 'glides' in the top 3rd of the front panel. They are intact but there is a small 'edge' on the outer edge of all of them. Outer means closest to the room. The edge is like the edge on a pocket knife when sharpening. The glides are very close to flush with the sheet metal. Do you think replacing these will solve the grinding noise?

Thank you.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Kelly. Yes, model #DX4500EE1WW.

You will need to replace the front drum bearing AND the slides. All are available below. .

Front Bearing <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Slide, Order 2 <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Repair Video <----- CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!