Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

i bought a new control board for whirlpool french door bottom

freezer. control in back of...
i bought a new control board for whirlpool french door bottom freezer. control in back of fridge. the code inside is 2012, i programed it with 2012 held down temp on freezer, and it beeped. wont take code inside fridge. please help
10/10/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can I get the serial number for the unit?

yes sir,13899555nl

Can I get the part number you installed?

67006389

Sorry, this board is not going to work on your unit, it will not take this code. The serial number of the unit tells me which board they used, Maytag used over 10 different boards in these models. Click on the blue link below to see the correct board you should have purchased.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

allright Chas, so they sold me a part that wont work. they will take it back, i know they have a good return policy. but why would they sell a part that dont fit. also , you were very helpfull. i will give you an excellent rating. so, im not sure about what this help actually costed me.

If you accept my answer it is going to cost you $45, These ICE2O units are tricky when it comes to control boards, the board they sold you was for a model with a serail number beginning with a 10. and you serial number was a 13, and the number of the part you need changes again if the serial number was higher than 15. Parts place probably did not even ask you the serial number when you ordered it..
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician