Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a jenn-aire gas wall oven, model number JGW8130ADB.

I have a jenn-aire gas wall oven, model number JGW8130ADB. The problem is when I try to turn on the oven to set the temperature the touch pad doesn't work. The oven will turn on to preheat but am unable to enter the desired temperature.

Thank you, Cathy [email protected]
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if some buttons are working on the touchpad and not others, then unfortunately the touchpad itself is just bad and would need to be ordered and replaced. The touchpad is part of the display board on this unit so they must be replaced as one part which makes it expensive (about $550). Try to turn the circuit breaker off to the oven for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset, but other than that the touchpad board would need to be replaced. Below is a link to the touchpad you'd need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE for touchpad control

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My oven is black, the repair part looks to only be available in white
Hmm interesting. The actual overlay does pull off as it's just glued on, but rather than doing that, I found the black one for $260 which is a much better price so just buy that one. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE