Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hi, Dryer wont run after I release the start button. Also,

Dryer wont run after I release the start button. Also, air is cold if I keep the start button pressed. The drier model number is XXXXX
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you've already actually done all the tests I would normally ask you to do since you've held the start button in and check to see if it would heat. Since the dryer isn't heating, you have a very common problem with this model and unfortunately it's not an inexpensive problem. The issue is that your even heat control board inside your control panel has failed. This board is about 4" x 6" and it's pretty easy to replace if you're handy at all since the part is all plug and play. Below is a link to the even heat control board you'd need to order and replace to solve this problem. The part costs about $140 and it's part number W10116566.

CLICK HERE for control board

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!