Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

i have a maytag range model #mgr7661ww0. Previously lived

i have a maytag range...
i have a maytag range model #mgr7661ww0. Previously lived in the country and was piped for lp. Moved to the city and I need to convert it to natural gas. How do I do this?
10/3/2013
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

Randy 43 :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX iam happy to help you with your question today..do you have the nat gas brass orifices ?

Randy 43 :

they look like these

Randy 43 :

Orifice W10170531 Main Product View
Full Size Image

Customer:

no

Randy 43 :

you sure they arent on the range somewhere ? they usually tape them to the backside of the range or around the storage drawer

Customer:

yes I'm sure they aren

Customer:

Stove has been in storage for 3 years. Moved from country to town. orifice has been lost in the move. need to know how to get new ones and how to install them

Randy 43 :

ok , this is the part number for the orifices , you need to swap them over on each burner ,lift the cap off and then the burner itself (2 screws) then you will see the orifice , you take the LP ones out and screw in the NAt gas orificices, next you need to change over the cap on the gas regulator ,there is a white cap on there, pull that off and switch over the cap ,it will usually say LP or Nat ,once the orifices are changed over and the regulator ,check the burner flames ,they are usually 1/2 " off the burner ,mostly blue flame ,here is a picture of the gas regulator ,remove storage drawer to access ,and rear of oven

Randy 43 :

Oven Safety Valve - Part #(NNN) NNN-NNNNMfg Part # XXXXX
Full Size Image

Randy 43 :

see white cap?

Customer:

I don't see the part number for the orifices.

Randy 43 :

Orifice

RepairClinic Item #(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Orifice spud

Manufacturer Number W10170531

More

$35.95

Quantity:

In Stock

Customer:

ok. thanks. I can get the orifices at a website called repairclinic.com? correct?

Randy 43 :

yes , you can get them from there ,or any online parts place of your choice

Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Randy 43
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician