Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a ge refrigerator model psw23psrass. The evaporator

Customer Question

I have a ge refrigerator model psw23psrass. The evaporator fan motors in the refrigerator (custom cool section) are loud when coming on and shutting off. However, they are quiet in between. I have already replaced the mother board (wr49x10152) and one of the motors )wr17x13035 to no avail. What could cause this noise (sounds like a bearing)?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 33 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 50,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Is it both fans that are noisey or just the one you have not replaced yet?unplug the one you just replaced and see if the noise is still there or unplug the one you have not replaced and see if the noise is still there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Woody,
Both DC evap fan motors are noisy. The one I replaced is still making the brief noise at startup and shutdown.
well I can only suggest to either contact the parts dealer and see if they are having any issue with the fan motors ,or since it only happens on start up and shut down to ,either live with it or call a servicer to look at it .