Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hi Mike my maytag washer machine reach the spin cycle then

Hi Mike my maytag washer machine reach the spin cycle then just go dead like there is no power
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Will the timer still count down to the end? Or does everything completely shut off with no indicator lights or anything? Also, if you advance the timer manually, will the washer then go into spin?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it wont it will fill the water and then it will try to agitate and shut off

it will come back on within a few minutes but then shutoff again and does not work even if I advanced manually

OK so is it shutting off for about 5 minutes or how long is it shutting off before it turns back on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

give or take and you hear it turn on but nothing happens also you smell like hot rubber

OK so that is a big problem. It means that your motor is overheating and cutting out. You need to test power between the red and yellow wire at the motor when it should be spinning. You should have 120 volts between the 2 wires. If not, then you'll need to order and replace the timer control inside your control panel. If you are getting 120 volts between red and yellow and the motor won't run during spin, you need to replace the motor I'm afraid.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can it be the fuse?

There is no fuse inside this washer actually.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you

no problem and I'm really sorry about the extremely bad news, but I hope that knowing what can cause this problem will at least help you get in the right direction.