Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Boiled water spilled on burners now the burners will not light.

Boiled water spilled on burners now the burners will not light. How do I get the electric ignition to work again?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So most of the time, you can just unplug the oven for 24 hours and let the oven dry out and it'll start working again. But if you give it 24 hours and it won't start working, the spark switches which are the switches below the knobs on the cooktop burners. Below is a link to the switch kit you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for switches

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tyler,

Thank you but your answer was for the oven. My problem is with the burners. How do I get the burners to work?

So I said oven, but yes I'm talking about the cooktop burners. Since the entire machine is generally referred to as the oven. As far as how to remove the front panel to get to the switches, you'll need to pull all the knobs off and open the oven door. Remove the screws coming in from below the front panel and remove all the screws that are located behind the knobs and you should be able to pull the panel off.