Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

when he dryer is shut down it will automatically have some

when he dryer is shut down it will automatically have some lights come on and it will start a pinging noise. What's the problem
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this random beeping noise and the lights coming on is a relatively common issue with this model dryer. It means that your dryer thinks you're pushing some of the touchpad buttons even though you're not. THere really isn't much you can do but try to unplug the dryer and heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer, then rub your thumb over the buttons to see if you can get any of the buttons to sort of reset. Let the dryer cool down and then plug it back in and see if the issue is gone. If not, then you'll need to order and replace the touchpad. Below is a link to the touchpad you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for touchpad

Now there are 3 touchpads listed so you'll want to call Repairclinic.com and see exactly which part number you need for your model and serial to make sure you get the correct one. But the part itself is all plug and play so if you're handy you can replace the part yourself.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!