Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

How do you get the glass front off?

Customer Question
how do you get the glass front off?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/1/2013
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.
Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you and tell you how to take your unit apart.

Model is a Heatilator Max 60

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Page 35 of the manual available below will show you exactly how to remove it!

CLICK HERE

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Let me see, I have that downloaded from Heatilator,

My insert does not have that attachment.

Mine has no vents above the glass, just a

smooth metal plate, no visible latches

Frank

I already have that info, I can't get the front off.

I understand and apologize for the duplicate information. I have placed your question back to the list for others to see in case another has the information you seek.

Okay, I can't get the front off (screen& glass) off my insert.

With out that I can't get any thing else off.

The screen and glass looks like it lifts up and then comes out at the bottom.

Mine will not lift up. I have tried really hard to move it and it won't budge.

I don't see any thing holding it and the factory manual gives no hint as to what to do.

If you could post some pictures, it may be helpful.

Hera ia a photo.

Frank

Thank you. Are there any screws at the bottom of the front panel, once the access panel has been opened?

Only the ones where the tabs slip in to replace the front piece.

Here is one of 4 tabs, I have tried taking all the screws out of the brackets for the tabs, I can kind of swing the bottom out about 4 or 5 inches.

when the bottom pulls out, it will not lift up off the tabs at the top?

Nope, it should lift up without taking the brackets off.

Can you take a picture of the top of the fireplace, please? Will the top vents lift up and remove, exposing screws or release brackets?

No, above the grill work there looks to be enough space to lift it up,

but it won't budge.

I believe the metal part has to come off separate of the glass. The glass has to be latched very tightly in place as it is sealed. When you pulled the bottom out, did the glass come loose or just the metal front?

both

Hmm, I am at a loss. I am going to open your question back up while I continue to research.

Okay

Thank you.

Okay, no answer?

I have found nothing in addition to what we have tried. I had hoped another would have experience with this exact model, but nobody has posted yet.

I have had to order a service call on this fireplace insert.

Thanks

xxxxxx xxxxx

I understand, thank you. If you would like, I can forward your deposit for a refund.

Please refund It.

Thanks

frank

I will send it in right away, sorry we could not get it figured out.
Kelly, Appliance Technician