Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag electric oven model # XXXXX I have had

problems with the oven...
I have a Maytag electric oven model # XXXXX I have had problems with the oven maintaining correct temp almost since new. I also have had the bake light flash when trying to set oven temp but never any codes. Occasionally the oven light goes off when oven is on and there is an audible click noise when this happens, the click is the same noise it makes when it re heats the oven temp. I have replaced the thermostat with no change. The oven randomly bakes things correctly and sometimes food comes out still cold inside. I have monitored the oven temp over a 2 hour period with a digital probe thermometer and it averaged out to the correct temp at that time. I figured with the oven temp issue, the light click noise and going out plus the bake light flash that the control panel is probably bad.

Thanks for your help!
Scott.
9/29/2013
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my assistance when we're done. Please talk with me first before rating negatively.

Based on your description of the problem I would say you do have a bad main control board. Then the temp will not be correct and it will go off and on as you have stated. This is pretty common and here is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Thank you for your help. Is there anything special I need to know when I replace this control?

No nothing really special it is just a plug and play control. Just turn the power off first and swap the plugs over to the new one.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician