Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My plastic handle on my Dishwasher Maytag Quiet Series 100

My plastic handle on my Dishwasher Maytag Quiet Series 100 broke. Lights wouldn't come on the outside panel. I replaced that but dishwasher still wouldn't run. Then replaced the main control board, lights came on but would shut off after 30-40 seconds. Dishwasher still won't run. Any ideas on what might be wrong?
Thank you
Bill
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the handle actually has nothing to do with the lights coming on. That being said, it sounds like the control board was bad because the light are on again, but you could have a bad door latch assembly or a bad start button on the touchpad and the entire touch control panel would need to be replaced. The touchpad on this model fails often so I would imagine that is going to be your problem without testing. But if you have a multimeter, you can take the door apart and remove the door latch. Test continuity through both door latch switches when you clip it onto the latch striker at the top of your tub. You should have continuity through both switches when the latch is pushed onto the door striker at the top of the tub. If not, then you'll need to order and replace the door latch assembly. If you do get continuity, then you'll need to order and replace the touch control panel I'm afraid.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!