Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Dacor oven stuck in prebake. I set the bake temp, but it never

Dacor oven stuck in prebake...
Dacor oven stuck in prebake. I set the bake temp, but it never goes beyond prebake mode. Broil works just fine.
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If broil is still working, that means that your high limit thermostat isn't a problem and the oven is definitely getting power. Do you happen to know if this is a gas oven or dual fuel or electric? Also, the model number would be located inside the vent below the control panel so you'd need a flashlight to look through the vent to locate a white sticker with the model number on it. Can you try to locate that number?

Pgr305
It's gas
Ok perfect. It sounds like your oven igniter below the floor inside your oven is just starting to fail and needs to be ordered and replaced. Oven igniters last about 6-8 years under normal use before they tend to start failing. They need to draw at least 3.2 amps or else they won't open the gas valve correctly and it will either crack the valve open, or open and shut the valve several times when it should just be holding open. It doesn't matter if the igniter is glowing or not; just because it glows doesn't mean the igniter is drawing enough power to open the safety valve. The igniter is only about a $85 part and you can replace it yourself if you want to remove the racks inside the oven and then remove the floor to access it. Otherwise it will cost about $250-275 to call someone and replace it for you. Below is a link to the igniter you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for igniter

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc