Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore refrigerator model XXXXXXXXXXX leaking water on the

Customer Question
floor. The hose may...
Kenmore refrigerator model XXXXXXXXXXX leaking water on the floor. The hose may be pluged on the defrost cycle. How do you get to the hose?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/29/2013
Appliance Technician: joeyt56, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 years ago
joeyt56
joeyt56, Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is Joe and Ill be helping you,

Sorry but your model number did not come through can you repost it. Should be three numbers then a period followed by more numbers. Is this a top freezer?

model XXX-XXX-XXXX0 Its a side by side Kenmore

Im sorry but the model number is only showing up as a bunch of xxxx's

Type the number with out dashes and add the period for example:

110.123456789

model number 363.58472890

Typically on a side by side model the drain inside the freezer is the culprit. Remove the lowest bin in the freezer and tell me if there is a sheet of ice that has built up on the floor of the freezer.If there is then you will have to remove all the shelving in the freezer and remove the back panel. Should only be held on by a couple quarter inch screws. Once removed you will see a trough at the bottom below the evaporator. It will be full of ice. Remove the ice an once it is gone you should be able to determine where the drain hole is. The ice from here will now have to be removed. You can use a combination of methods. A screw driver to chisel the ice out while also pouring hot water into it works for me.

If you dont see the ice please let me know what you do see.
thank you I now see your model number I will now look up the specifics on your model.
ok so your model is made by General Electric. Some of these models you wont have to take the back panel off because there should be enough space to clean the drain already there. If you see the ice build up im referring to,thaw any ice that is clogging the drain. Make sure the drain is clear by flushing it with a turkey baster and HOT water. If the water drains well then you are all set. If the water seams to drain slowly then a little compressed air into the line usually does the trick.

I see no ice in the bottom of the freezer. Any other ideas? It may be a day before I can reply again.

Ok no problem our conversation isn't going anywhere. You can respond again anytime you want. Is the water a constant leak or does it happen intermittently? Where are you noticicing the water in relation to the fridge? Is there water in the fridge side under the lowest bin? Make sure you check all the water lines on the back of the fridge.

I have resolved the problem. It was a bad hose in the ice maker.

ok glad to hear that.
joeyt56
joeyt56
joeyt56, Home Appliance Technician