Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my Bosch dishwasher keeps on acting like there is water in

the unit and it...
my Bosch dishwasher keeps on acting like there is water in the unit and it keeps on trying to pumping water out, and does not advance to the next cycle.
9/28/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately your dishwasher is stuck in "flood mode". What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

I followed your advise regarding the flood mode on my dishwasher and it solved that problem, but after I reinstalled the unit it makes a strange noise, it is very hard to describe a noise, but it sounds like when a wheel is running on a ungreased axle, the strange thing is that the noise continues after I open the door or shuts the unit off by the on/off switch.

Also the dishwasher does not pump out the water on completion of the cycle.

xxxxx xxxxxxxx

Hmm, it sounds like your drain pump is just running and creating that noise possibly, but there shouldn't be anything running once you turn the dishwasher off by pressing the on/off button so I really couldn't say what the noise it without hearing it.

While writing the question to you I was listening to the noise from the dishwasher, when I finally went in to check on the unit there was water all over the floor I quickly turned the water shut off valve off and at that point the noise stopped, could it be a supply valve problem?

Svend

So yes, it sounds like if the dishwasher wasn't running and water all the sudden just started running out the floor, it sounds like your electronic water valve is sticking open and is filling even though it's not being told to. That valve in the lower left corner behind the kick panel would need to be replaced.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc