How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

icemaker leaking water

This answer was rated:

icemaker leaking water
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. is the water coming in all the time and overfilling the ice maker ? or is it just overflowing when it fills then is fine ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

turned it off. completely dethawed freezer and restarted- same result- big icicle forming down side of ice maker. still making ice though

okay can you get me the model number so I can take a look ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

wheres model number?


usually it in the refrigerator section on a tag either on the side wall or the ceiling .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thermador KBUDT4870A02

okay prefect ! Your issue is a common one. your electronic water valve is not shutting tightly after this fills the ice maker. you will need to order and replace that. I don't have the diagrams for you unfortunately but this is located where you water line from the house connects to the refrigerator. you order this at the following link . this will fix your issue.
Bryan and 3 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

got the part how do i open back and install?

it seems to me this valve may be up behind the grill in the top. this being a built in refrigerator they are usually in the top, behind the grill.have you checked there yet.?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's not there. You are wasting my time. For all I know the part you had me order is from some other fridge. It appears the main water control center is down low. I don't want to take the whole fridge apart to find it.

well usually the valves are either in the top or under the refrigerator possibly in the front behind the grill along the bottom in these built in refrigerators, does the refrigerator move at all ? does it roll out ? there are only three places it could be , if you can see where the water line from the house connects that's where it is . unfortunately all these refrigerators are different and they are in different places, the diagrams don't show the location however, the valve is the correct valve according to your model number.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found it. It is on the bottom right of the fridge- It was a huge pain in the ass to expose. I finally get ready to install the part and realize the main inlet valve was sheared off of the part. Have to wait for the new part to ship

Okay Its good to hear you found it, I'm sorry it was such a pain, the diagrams don't show us much on these models unfortunately, Talk again , thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Valve replaced and working. Icemaker still leaking. It's obviously the ice maker itself?