Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool lgr4634eq3 type dryer that wont heat. A

I have a whirlpool lgr4634eq3...
I have a whirlpool lgr4634eq3 type dryer that won't heat. A few questions 1 - it's an electric dryer and the plug is a 20 amp plug in, is that right? I don't see any connection for 240 so I assume it is.
2 - The heating coil comes on for about ten seconds then goes off this cycle repeats every two minutes or so. Does this indicate that the problem is the coil and not the thermal fuse?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Do you have it hooked up the gas?

no. I see a nozzel but I don't have a gas hook up in the house/garage

Is that the case? I have a gas dryer but no gas hook up? (my girlfriend got the dryer). I considered this seeing as how the plug in was 20 amps 110 and not a 220.

Yes you have to hook this up to gas, that is why it is not 220 volt.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

how embarrasing! I was so fixated on the electric problem the obvious answer, its a gas dryer flew right over my head. Thanks.

Your welcome

Chas

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician