Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am having issues with the #WCVH6400J1WW Washer it would start

I am having issues with the #WCVH6400J1WW Washer it would start up after several attemps . order new control board installed correctly follow the programming instruction which was very simple. but machine still will not fill with water or run at all. with the top off I notice a cycle dial that went from 1-4 it would cycle through but never start normal run. what should I do next?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So what was the reasoning in replacing the control board to begin with? Were you having the same issue?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it would multiple attempts to get it to start and even then it would stop in the middle of a cycle sometimes it would take 2 hrs to wash a load because of the constant stopping so I changed the control board machine is 4 yrs old

OK so it won't fill with water or anything correct? Does the door lock shut when you try to start the washer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the door locks the monitor indicates the door is locked and it shows machine is washing but nothing is happenening

OK so if it's not filing or draining and just sits there, you can only have a bad motor control board or the door latch assembly has failed. I know the machine locks the door, but that doesn't mean that the PTC sensor built inside the door latch is giving a good signal. You can't bypass or replicate the PTC sensor, so I would recommend ordering the door latch from Repairclinic.com because they will allow you to return the part if you end up not needing it and need the motor control board mounted to the floor below the tub instead.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so it's not doing anything because of the sensor is not picking up the locked door? or the door is not locking

That is correct. Either the MCU is giving a bad signal to the display board which causes the unit to do nothing, or the PTC sensor inside the door latch is giving a bad signal so it won't do anything in case it doesn't think the door is locked properly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you said something about a second control board in the base of the machine?

Aye, that is the motor control board. The other part that can cause this problem.