Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Sub-Zero refrigerator that was in the house I purchased

I have a Sub-Zero refrigerator that was in the house I purchased in November. The house is 13 years old so it is likely that the fridge is the same age. Recently I have noticed that the motor, I guess compressor motor, has been getting louder. I contacted a repairman and they said the motor was indeed going out but his parts person was unable to locate a replacement part. Is there some place I can purchase a replacement or am I destined to have a new fridge in my future?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you'll need the model number in order to look up the correct replacement part, but you can definitely cause American Appliance and if the compressor is available for your Sub Zero, they will have it or know what part to use in place of your part that is obsolete. Their phone number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where can I find the model Number? The Fridge is built into my cabinetry

It's usually on a sticker just inside the refrigerator somewhere near the ceiling most of the time.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Found it inside the lower freezer, they did not want to make it easy. Thank You

Not a problem at all. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!