Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Frigidaire Professional Series gas range w/ ES400

I have a Frigidaire Professional Series gas range w/ ES400 with a similar problem as you already answered but a little different.

Came home from vacation and the entire control panel is not working. The burners on top will light no problem AND the warming drawer works but cannot turn on the oven, set the clock, etc., as the panel appears "dead". Is this a deal control panel?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you are exactly right. The display board on this model style has no fuse or cut out that would stop it from at least illuminating. If the display board is completely dead, then your display board is shorted because the cooktop is still working which means that you're oven is still getting power. Now you will need the full model number located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door to order the correct display board for your model, but the part normally runs about $100-150.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks. The model number is XXXXX Is this a part than any old goof can replace or do you recommend having a service call? Do you recommend a place to purchase the part(s)?

If you're handy, you can definitely replace the part yourself, the part is all plug and play. Unfortunately the part is very expensive however at about $250, so depending on the cost of the unit originally this may or may not be worth repairing. Either way, below is a link to the control board you can order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

To access the part, just pull the oven forward and unplug the oven. Remove the screws going into the back panel on the control panel and remove the back panel. Now you have access to the display board inside the control panel for replacement.