Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

When filling my Maytag washer, the water will not stop. This

When filling my Maytag washer, the water will not stop. This happens despite the power being disconnected. The On/Off control does not stop or affect the running water. What is happening? Thanks. Bob
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

The water continues to run even when unplugged?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Ok thanks Bob, can you give me the model number from the sticker under the lid please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not at the house. I do not have access to the internet there.

Ok Bob well the problem is going to be the valve without a doubt, This will be located in the rear where the water lines hook up. The valve likely has calcium stuck in it, this is what is holding it open. Unfortunately the valves cant be serviced so it will need to be replaced.

When you have the model number take it to a local appliance parts supplier and order the valve.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How difficult is it to remove this valve and install a replacement? If calcium build up is blocking it, can it be cleaned with a solution such as CLR? I recently had a well pump replaced. Despite running the pump before water entered the house, some sediment (rust particles) came through the water line. I had so clear the faucets, etc. Could this be what is holding the valve open?

Without the model number I cant tell you how to replace it bob but generally it's not hard on a maytag, you wont be able to run CLR through it because there is no way to effectively do it, The valve is normally a very inexpensive part though.

Thanks!

Mike.