How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 82000
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HI, I have a Frigidaire Laundry center. I believe the inlet

This answer was rated:

HI, I have a Frigidaire Laundry center. I believe the inlet valve is either clogged or needs to be replaced because when the unit is off it continuously drips water into the tub and by the morning is a 1/3 full. It also overflows when washing comforters, which it never did in the past. How do I access the inlet valve? Do I have to remove the entire upper section (dryer)?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you happen to have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just inside the dryer door if this is a washer/dryer combo.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tyler,


The model# XXXXX

Perfect, thank you for that model number. So to start, you need to replace your electronic water valve because it's just not sealing up anymore. Below is a link to the valve you'll need to order and replace which is the part that your fill hoses connect to on the back of your washer.

CLICK HERE for valve

Now accessing the part is all through the inside of the washer from the front. These stackable units are not easy to work on because you can't remove the dryer, it's all built as one unit. You will need to remove the 2 screws in the lower right and left corner at the bottom of the front panel. The front panel will then pull straight down and off. Now this is really about all the access you get to replace the valve, although you can remove the angled panel between the washer and dryer and then the screws going into the top washer panel from inside the washer and pull the top panel off if you really needed more access. In addition, the washer will need to be pulled forward to unplug the washer, turn the water off, and disconnect the water lines before servicing the washer.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would you happen to have a diagram of how to remove the panel to gain access?

I have a diagram of the unit so you can see what panel you're removing, but nothing that really shows you how to remove it. Part 42 on the diagram in the link below is the panel you're removing.

Tyler Z. and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you