Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Our front loading Frigidaire washing machine makes a very loud

knocking sound during the final...
Our front loading Frigidaire washing machine makes a very loud knocking sound during the final spin cycle and emits a burning smell. The drum makes a squeaking noise when it is gently turning at the end of the spin cycle. What is your diagnosis?
9/20/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Do you have the complete model number of the unit?

Model # XXXXX: WASHM1YRP4

Lisa,
How old is this unit?

Installed: 8/5/05

Rason I asked, is that the rear bearing is going out in the outer tub, normally this happens around the 7th to the 8th year, cost to replace this is over $500, I do not know if you wish to invest this amount of money in the repair of an older machine, as the newer ones out on the market today use about 2/3 of the energy of your model..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician