Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a stackable Kenmore washer/dryer model number #417.9880289

I have a stackable Kenmore washer/dryer model number #417.9880289 and the dryer has been making a very loud squeaking noise when started. The noise goes away after 5 or 10 minutes, but happens again with the next load in the dryer (after the dryer has cooled down).
I replaced the front teflon bearing pads a couple of years ago; do you think they could have worn out again, or is it more likely a different problem? The washer/dryer is about 10 years old now.
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. Good evening, this is a common issue the rear bearing is worn and needs to be replaced, Drum Bearing(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View this link doesn't have the part available but theres a video that show how its replaced although its a little different on a stackable. the front has to come off to get the drum out. it shows you how once you get it open. video its not a very expensive part and heres a link to order it. order here, order here its around $30.00. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this the "bearing drum", PART NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXX shown as part number 12 on this diagram:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-Parts/Washer-dryer-combo-Parts/Model-41798802891/0582/0152000/P8110066/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=41798802891

If so, would you suggest I buy a new bracket and screws as well? I notice in the picture you included there is lubricant and a white plastic part. Do I need those, also, and what is that white plastic part?

Thanks!

well it comes in a kit. you can just buy the nylon bearing support but I would pull this apart before ordering just that to make sure none of the other parts are warn. this is cheaper at $3.20 but make sure thats all you need before ordering just that . heres a link for that . http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drum-Bearing/131825900/774936?modelNumber=417.98802890