Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have Maytag Neptune washing machine When I start is starts,

I have Maytag Neptune washing machine When I start is starts, drops little water and try to go into the cycle. But it clicks and then displays code 3E.
What is wrong?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

3E is a fairly bad error to get on this washer because it means that the washer thinks the tub is having difficulty turning so the motor is overloading. The first test you want to do is to open the door and spin the tub to make sure the basket is spinning freely. If everything spins freely, you have a problem with the motor or the main control board not reading the motor properly. There is no way to test which part is faulty for certain so it's just a guessing game as to which part you want to replace first, but generally the motor is the part that technicians replace first.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What sould I do now?

I'm not sure what you mean? If the basket spins smoothly, you'd likely want to replace the motor first. I would recommend ordering parts through Repairclinic.com because you can return them if you find that you actually needed the control board instead since there is no way to test between the two parts.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there any honest repair man for my washer to be repaired in Irving Texas?

I would probably call an authorized servicer. If you enter your zip code in the link below, you can se what authorized servicers are in your area.

http://www.servicebench.com/servlet/WebSideServlet?Request_Id=APPWhirlpoolDealerLocateBrandedGoto&Request_Server=servicebenchpublic&Request_Brand=M&Request_ReadUrl=Y