Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an Amana washer mod. LWA65AL. While fixing an outer

tub seal leak I replaced...
I have an Amana washer mod. LWA65AL. While fixing an outer tub seal leak I replaced the
belt with a hardware store belt,now the leak has stopped it will agitate but when it tries
to spin it trips the protection on the motor. Since then I have replaced the motor and
timer with the same results.
Paul
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Why did you use a hardware store belt on the unit?

I had already placed the order for the seals and thought I sould be able to get one localy.

The problem is that this is a specially made belt to allow it to slip until it comes up to speed, even though it may look the same as a regular belt.. So there is excessive drag to soon when it goes into spin and trips the motor protector, replacing the belt with the correct one will make this problem go away...

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician