Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Whirlpool Gold stove is in cleaning mode and I cant get

My Whirlpool Gold stove is...
My Whirlpool Gold stove is in cleaning mode and I can't get it to release.
9/18/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Ok so it sounds like your door latch may have failed.  Try turning the breaker off to the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset.  When you turn the circuit breaker on go inside and push on the door and hold it for a minute or two in case it's rubbing on the door latch not letting it release. If that doesn't work, then try to set the self clean, wait 60 seconds and cancel it to see if that will reset the door latch assembly.  If nothing resets the door lock, then you just need to manually open the door and replace the door latch assembly.  It's not easy to manually unlock the door.  You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top.  Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can remove the panel in front of the door latch and replace the latch assembly.

Now I do want to also add that you may need something stronger than a coat hanger to manually open the door. If you have an "L-shaped" tool like a cotter pin puller or allen wrench, that might give you the added strength to be able to pull on the latch and release it.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

got the door open manually, reset - everything seems to be fine - thanx

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc