Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

how do i access the drain line in freezer compartment MFI2

how do i access the drain line in freezer compartment MFI2670XEM
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

The grill in the middle will need to come off, You should see a tab just inside the grill, lever this with a screw driver and it should unclip, there should be a plastic tab at the side of the sensor cover to the right, press the tab and pull this out, feed the sensor out of it then feed it toward the rear. Next to the left the ice maker cover should come off the same way, press the tab at the side then feed the ice maker harness through to the rear. You should now be able to remove the panel.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

...and then I will see and be able to check the drain line once the cover is off?

Yes the defrost drain is right behind this panel under the evaporator.

Thanks!

Mike.