Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Kenmore front load washer ,will not spin !!

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Does the water drain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

water drains i think goes through all cycles , stops at spin

Ok Harry, If the water is draining as it should the problem will pertain to the door lock assembly, This is not likely telling the control it's locked which is stopping the machine going into the spin cycle.

Take the top off the machine by removing the 3 screws along the rear lip. Next open the door and take the screws out holding the lock in place, You can now replace the lock.

To purchase a new lock take the model number to a local sears center or a local appliance parts store to order the lock.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike i will run it again through the cycles to make sure it is draining , when it ran through the cycles door was locked, we have changed the pump!!

The door may be locked but there is a switch in there that tells the unit the door is locked.

There are 3 reasons why a machine wont spin, first is the machine is not draining, second is the lock switch is bad, 3rd the motor control board located screwed to the floor near the motor is bad.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok will check & get back to you later !!

Ok Harry

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike Tried machine again ,I dont think it takes in enough water ,also it runs for a while (washing ) runs for a while ,then stops and beeps, I try again & get the same thing !

Do you see a error code on the display when it beeps? like F6? or E50? if the machine has no minute display is there a combination of lights lit or blinking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Code is E10

Ok give me a moment to look that up please.
Ok E10 means the water is entering the machine too slowly, first shut the water off, Take the water lines off where they hook up to the back side of the machine, Next look inside the valve to make sure the screens are not clogged, If they are clean them out. If this fails to cure the problem then the valve likely has a build up of calcium, this means the valve will need to be replaced.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK Mike will check this out tomorrow < will let you know how i make out!

ok thanks

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Harry,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike .>>>>>Water valve was bad ,and you were correct ,the door lock was bad ,!!

Great, glad we found the problem :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike ,On this front load washer that had a spin problem, I found it needs a bearing in the back ,what is the easiest way to do this ??

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike >>>Rear bearing on this front load washer is noisy,what is the easy way to change this ,I realize i would have to get the back of the drum ,looking for short cuts !!

Unfortunately Harry I can only answer questions about one problem, if you have another problem site policy says you have to post a new question :(

If you would like to request me personally you can click on the link below.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

And Pay Again ??????

This problem is diferent to the original problem, sorry I don't make the site rules or policy's, just answer the questions :(
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will likely throw out the machine ,cost of questions & repairs for same machine is too costly !! Thanks anyway Mike !

Ok thanks