Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have a Whirlpool Refrigerator Mod.ED5FHEXVT01 all of a sudden

the ice dispenser and underside...
Have a Whirlpool Refrigerator Mod.ED5FHEXVT01 all of a sudden the ice dispenser and underside of dispenser bin is covered in thick frost even when we don't use the ice maker but use the water dispenser?
9/17/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is actually quite a common issue and it means that your dispenser chute is not closing and seeing up properly. This is a very common problem for your particular refrigerator. There has been a kit re-designed to fix this issue and it comes with instructions which will walk you through how to install it. Basically the flap door hinges have broken because they are plastic so a new hinge has been designed out of metal. Below is a link to the kit you need to order and install.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Just to make sure. Is that the flap that is connected to the chute on the door where the ice comes out?

That is correct, yes. That is the flap in question that isn't sealing up.

Thank you very much. I can't believe they want $75 for that small piece. Is it easy to install.

I wouldn't call it easy to install but it does come with instructions. Below is a video that shows you how to remove the front panel since that part is not covered in the instructions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKkTxblbcaE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc