Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

I have a beverage air restuerant prep table.it gets cold but

I have a beverage air restuerant prep table.it gets cold but not cold enough.like 41to 45 degree,.and it ices and leeds water at in side bottom of prep table

Francis :

Hello, can you post the model number please?

Francis :

Usually, it would have a condenser coil at the bottom of the unit, where the compressor is, can you please inspect if the fan is running or if the condenser coil is clogged with dirt?

Francis :

Please let me know what you find out. Thanks.

Customer:

Yes the fan is running . I only could inspect what is going on with the condenser coil about two thirty three oclock when we close. My consern is if I have to clean coil or turn of prep table will I be allright for wensday moring about six oclock.

Customer:

Sorry model number is XXXXX

Francis :

Hello, Sorry for the delay.

Francis :

If the issue is not only cleaning but more than cleaning, then I can not tell if you would be ok by Wednesday morning. But, one thing I find out with these prep table not cooling very well would be a dirty condenser or sometimes, the fan is not running.

Francis :

So, if the fan is running, let us just hope you only got a dirty condenser coil to clean. If the condenser coil is dirty, give it a good cleaning , using a vacuum cleaner. Then plug it back and observe if it would cool down normally.

Customer:

Yes I cleaned the condenser coil yesterday . It is a little cooler but not cool enough. Could it take a day or to cool down.

Customer:

Remember now it is being used during the day. You now doors being open closed open closed several times.

Francis :

Hello, sorry again for the delay.

Francis :

It should not take a day or two to cool down. Ok, we have checked the condenser coil and have cleaned it, the condenser fan is running, what about the inside unit. The one that is cooling down.

Francis :

I am not sure if you have a fan there or not, but please check the indoor unit . If it has a fan, the fan should be running as well. Please check also if the evaporator coil( the one inside the unit ) is frosted up or has accumulated a lot of ice. If it is frosted up, please defrost the unit by un plugging it and clean the evaporator coil inside.

Francis :

If the evaporator coil is not frosted up and there is a fan inside and it is running, if the outdoor fan is running and the condenser coil is clean, then I am afraid you now have a lack of refrigerant status. Meaning, you could had a leak and refrigerant escape, and now, with less refrigerant in the system, you would have less cooling.

Francis :

And that is what I am afraid of. Because it is no longer a DIY, you would need a tech to do the job because it would mean handling refrigerant of which only licensed technician are allowed to do the job.

Francis :

I am sorry if it end this way. I suggest, observe the unit for a day and if still it would cool down properly, then have a tech check your unit.

Francis :

By the way, I almost forgot, please check also the door seal gasket . It could have damage specially at the bottom where it is hard to see. And air can seep inside that would affect the cooling performance of the unit.

Francis :

Thank you for using this service.

Francis :

Hello, are you here?

Customer:

Yes thank you for geting back to me , have a good week I will cross my fingers

Francis :

Ok. Please do check the door seal first and make sure the doors close tightly every time it is opened.