Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

maytag pavt234aww will not agitate or spin. does pump water

out. can not turn drum...
maytag pavt234aww will not agitate or spin. does pump water out. can not turn drum with unit turned off
9/17/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Did this happen sudden?

I think so but has been a little noisey lately

For it not to be agitating and not spining, that is not good at all, especially since it is draining, so the drain pump is not broke and it is driven by only one belt, From what you say it is doing, unless you are wrong on the agitation part, is the transmission has failed in the unit, it will cost more to repair than the machine is worth... You are sure that it is not agitating?

yes unfortunately I set to low water level let it fill and when it went into wash mode no movement of agitator but I could hear motor running even pushed lid switch still nothing. moved dial to spin and water pumped out but no drum movement with lid switch pressed cannot move drum by hand at all any chance just thrust bearing since it won't agitate either?

I am sorry then, your transmission/gearcase is shot on the unit, I would not spend an extra nickle on on it, I hate giving bad news but it is better than lying and telling you to fix it..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician