Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

hi my washer machine wont start a new load. it only works on

hi my washer machine wont start a new load. it only works on the spin cycle, everywhere else is like there is no power. my water is on but its not coming into the machine. can you help?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

So to clarify no matter what cycle you set the machine it sounds as if it has no power, But if you put it into the spin cycle the drum will spin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

correct. the previous load we did , my wife put like 2 towels in and all the weight was on one side so it was causing the drum to hit the inside walls of the machine and it would cut off, until you opened and closed the lid again. then it would go for another few seconds and cut off. took me a few mins but i evened the weight out and it finished the load. but the next load is not working at all now.

Ok sounds to me like the timer has suffered some damage or a wire has come loose, If the machine was not spinning then I would say something different, May have some bad contacts because the motor was drawing too much current.

Click on the link below to order a replacement timer.

Click here

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how easy is it to replace a timer. and how much does a new one cost?

The new timer would be around $120 - $130 Jason depending on where you get it, It's not too difficult to install, The timer should come with full instructions.

Thanks!

Mike.