Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Water wont come in or drain out of my Kenmore Ultrawash Quietguard

Water won't come in or...
Water won't come in or drain out of my Kenmore Ultrawash Quietguard Standard dishwasher. Is there anything I can do to fix it myself?
9/14/2013
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

Can you hear the drain pump running when you try to drain it?

no

Can I get the complete model number of the dishwasher?

Where do I find the model #?

Also, I ran a cycle and never heard water go in or out, but the "drying" light is on, there's steam coming out, and there's a metallic smell.

Inside the door opening area of the machine there should be a label with a model number on it..

w10082280

The model number will have 3 digits then a period them more numbers or digits after it, it will also show the serial number of the unit on the sticker..

665.13593k600

And I do hear the drain pump for a couple seconds, but then it turns off, I think.

When you press the cancel button the drain pump should run for about 2 minutes

Yes, but it doesn't. And I ran a cycle with the dishwasher empty in hopes that the drain part of the cycle would remove the water in the bottom, but now there's even more water.

Do you have you dishwasher drain hooked up to a garbage disposal unit under the sink?

Maybe. The disposal wasn't working either, but I managed to reset that and now that's working again. How can I tell if the dishwasher drain is hooked to the garbage disposal?

You should see a tube that goes into the side of the garbage disposer, remove that hose and make sure that it is not blocked going into it from backup waste from the disposer...

I did that, and the tube seems clear.

Okay, Then your check valve is stuck underneath. this is a messy job as when you remove the check valve it is going to let all the water out of the unit, you will need to use a shop vac and suck the unit dry to keep the mess to a minimum, then remove the bottom cover on the dishwasher, remove the hose from the drain, then unscrew the check valve from the pump., on the pump side of the check valve you will see a ball, it needs to be loose and free, once you have it free you can reassemble the unit and try it again, the check valve is item 15 in the diagram below

//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/K0605011-00004.png

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

How much would it cost to have a repair person handle it? And how can I save the image from your last answer? Will I be able to access this conversation after I close the web page? And in the diagram it says the gasket has to be replaced each time the pump is detached and re-attached. Is that true?

Most repair companies charge between $100 and $150 to do this repair, A&E Factory Serivce is one of them that is authorized, they can be reached at 1.800.905.9505
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician