Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have an LG refridgerator model # XXXXX The icemaker

I have an LG refridgerator model # XXXXX The icemaker quit working, I replaced with a new one. I am getting water at the dispenser but no water going to ice maker. Suggestions? I replaced the filter as well

Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry you are having this problem..Most common problem when this happens is a frozen Fill tube at the back of the unit..#616H...Go around back..Remove the waterline then check for blockage..If the waterline is not blocked then your problem will be within the water valve..Follow the waterline down from the upper area into the bottom back of fridge..This is where the water valve #619A #619A is located..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or better before leaving today..If you have any further questions I will be standing by..Thanks Bobgraphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

line is clear at back of fridge, but it appears to be frozen where it dumps into icemaker, could not pass a wire through it

Correct..There is your problem..Once the line is frozen the water will not pass through..Great job in locating the problem..Another way to check is to remove the waterline down at the water valve..Then blow through the line..This will determine if the line is frozen..The best way to fix the problem is to either take a hairdryer and thaw the line..Or Unplug the fridge until the line thaws..Thanks Bob