How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE Model PCS23SGRB Refridg. I have an external RO

This answer was rated:

I have a GE Model PCS23SGRB Refridg. I have an external RO water filter that stopped making water for the fridge. I replaced the filters and now have good water flowing from the water dispenser, but the fridge wont make ice. I tried the diagnostic (turn off ice maker for 15 seconds, then push in the ice flapper 3 times). The ice maker went though it's cycle but water did not come in to the ice maker. I also found a black tube that comes out at the bottom of the fridge laying on the floor. The tube has a round "cup" at then that looks like when the end of the tube is pushed in to the fridge, seals it. It has double sided foam tape on the "cup or hood". Where does the black tube go? What is it's purpose? Is this why i do not have water flowing into the ice maker?
Hello,My name is XXXXX XXXXX be helping you today. can you recheck that model number ? its not coming up. the "cup" part with the black tube is supposed to go through the back of the refrigerator to the ice maker but I cant bring up any diagrams with that model number. this one is a typical feeder tube is it anything like this ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


According to the plate (// the Model is PSC23SGRB SS


I am pretty sure the black tube is the hose from the solenoid to the ice maker.


It looks like except there is no plastic at the end. It is all black no white plastic (could be broken?)


Does this help?

yes that is the water feed for the ice maker. this slides through the back of the refrigerator where I placed the arrow.its sounds like yours broke, heres a link to order a new one. that has come out you need to put it back in .

Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you