Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I HAVE A MAYTAG BRAVOS WASHER # XXXXX SER # XXXXX

THE AGITATOR WILL NOT SPIN...
I HAVE A MAYTAG BRAVOS WASHER # XXXXX SER # XXXXX THE AGITATOR WILL NOT SPIN, OR WASH, PUMP DOES NOT PUNMP OUT. TO GET IT TURNED OFF, WE HAD TO PULL THE PLUG. WHEN WE PLUGGED IT BACK IN, IT FLASHED 48 ON THE TIME LEFT PANEL. WE TRIED TO GET IT TO TURN OFF, OR CANCELL, BUT IT WOULD DO NOTHING. IT DID MAKE A NOISE LIKE A SOLINIOD CHATTERING, BUT THAT QUIT TOO.
9/12/2013
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Appliance Tech Dave :

Hello, my name is Dave.

This may be caused buy a faulty main control or touch control. Here is the test to confirm which one is the problem. Unplug the washer and get into the top control area. There are three screws in the back holding the control panel in place. At the end of the control on the right side where a hose comes out, there are 3 connectors. The center one is marked P11 and is usually blue. Disconnect this connector and plug the washer back in leaving the connector disconnected. If the washer lid locks, unlocks and the valve hums or fills the problem is the touch control. If it does nothing it is the control. Here is a link to a site that has a video of how to replace the control. It shows how to get access. Let me know if you need part number or this turns out not to be the problem. Video Link

Customer:

WE UNPLUGGED THE WIRE YOU REQUESTED. WHEN THE POWER WAS APPLIED, THE WATER STARTED GOING IN AND THE LID LOCKED. AFTER ABOUT 3 SECONDS, THE WATER STOPPED, AND THE LID LOCK WENT OFF. I PLUGGED IN THE P11 PLUG, AND HIT START. THERE WAS A FAST CLICKING NOISE COMING FROM THE MOTOR AREA. (LIKE POWER BEING APPLIED TO A SOLINOID ON AND OFF VERY FAST) THE WASHER HAS BEEN MAKING A FUNNY NOISE FOR THE LAST MONTH, A LITTLE LIKE A WHING NOISE. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW OLD THIS MACHINE IS. SER # XXXXX I'M NOT SURE IT IS GOING TO BE WORTH FIXING.

Appliance Tech Dave :

Your washer was made the middle of 2007. Since it responded as it did it should be the user interface but I agree it sounds like there is a problem below too. Even the user interface is a bit pricey at about $183. I don't think that is all of the problem. Your washer has a large rotor in the bottom center but the noise could also just be something in one of the pumps? Pull the hoses and check that first then if you find what caused the noise thy to see if it will start before you order the interface. Dave

Customer:

I AM GOING TO ORDER THE PART. IF THAT FIXES THE PROBLEM, CAN WE KEEP THIS OPEN UNTIL WE CHECK OUT THE PROBLEM BELOW?

Customer:

ARE YOU SAYING THAT IT IS THE CIRCUIT BOARD OR THE FRONT PANEL. I'M HAVING A BLOND MOMENT.

Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave