Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Samsung Microwave that will not start immediately

I have a Samsung Microwave that will not start immediately after it is connected. I only hear a clicking noise.However After some hours or days the panel lights turn on and the microwave works again. It start happening after a power surge.What could be the problem?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Sounds to me like there is a problem with the control board, It may be the logic circuit or the power relay is sticking either way I don't really see anything else causing this especially since the problem started after a surge.

I would like to earn your highest rating, are you totally satisfied with my answer? If not please reply to me with your concerns or additional questions. If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, please don't forget to rate me before you leave.

It was my pleasure helping you today. Feel free to get back to me here at any time if you have additional questions at no further charge. Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

Please also remember if you have future questions regarding a faulty appliance, You can request me personally to assist you with the problem :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Mike,

what would you recommend, replace the control board or relay?

Hello Jorge, The power relay is built into the control board so they are one and the same part.

Replace the control board and you should be all set.

Thanks!

Mike.

Hi Jorge,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mike,
I have not been able to obtain the part for my micro wave
to fix the Issue. Seems it is too old.
Your answer has helped.

Thanks,

Jorge
Ok Jorge

Please dont forget to rate my service.

Thanks!

Mike.